In PVSchools, we strive to create safe environments for all learners both inside the classroom, within our facilities, and throughout our transportation program.
To better ensure that drivers are able to maintain the bus route schedule, student riders are asked to arrive at their bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Afternoon drop-off times are estimated and may vary. Additional delays may occur.
Bus routes are identified by route number, not the bus number. Route numbers are found on placards that are mounted to the side of each bus. By using these placards, staff can quickly make changes to buses in the event of a breakdown or need to substitute a driver.
Because, student safety is of primary concern. All students are expected to abide by the bus rules and show respect for the driver of the bus and other riders. Students breaking these rules will be subject to disciplinary action and may lose the privilege of riding the bus.
Video monitoring systems are in place on most PVSchools buses.
High school students must display their bus identification in order to ride the bus. Open Enrollment students are not eligible for district transportation.
All passengers are under the authority of the bus driver and shall observe the following rules:
- Obey the bus driver’s instructions and directions at all times.
- Bus aisles/emergency exits shall remain clear of all objects.
- Stay properly seated with your back against the seat back, your legs facing forward and all parts of your body out of the aisle.
- Keep your head, hands, feet and objects to yourself and inside the bus.
- Talk quietly, use respectful language – no profanity.
- No eating or drinking on the bus (water in plastic bottles is acceptable).
- Animals, insects, skateboards, glass containers, weapons/dangerous instruments, tobacco, alcohol or drugs are not permitted.
- No student has the right to interfere with the safety, well-being or learning of others.
Students attending Roadrunner School are entitled to pick-up and drop-off in front of their home by the PVSchools Transportation Department.
Some parents and guardians may choose to drive their child themselves, which is certainly permissible. However, written notification of this is appreciated. High school students are not allowed to drive to school unless they have an IEP meeting with staff and parents or guardians and have earned the merit status.
Bus conduct referrals are processed with the Administrative Interventionist. If a student does not take the bus home from school because their behavior precluded riding the bus, the parents or guardians will be responsible for transportation home.
Requests to have students ride to an another student’s home on the same bus or to ride a different bus must be made in writing by both sets of parents or guardians. Requests are not guaranteed, so parents and guardians should contact Roadrunner to confirm the request. Students will not be allowed to exit the bus other than at their regular stop without parent permission under any circumstances.