The safety and security of all PVSchools students and staff is our highest priority. All district staff receive training in a variety of emergency scenarios.
In accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS), 15-341 (A) (31), PVSchools' emergency response plans have been developed by school and district teams to ensure that all schools meet emergency response preparedness guidelines established by the Arizona Department of Education, and the Arizona Division of Emergency Management.
Make an Anonymous Tip Online
PVSchools works with law enforcement to have all crimes investigated thoroughly. The community should never hesitate to call or email the school or law enforcement if they hear information that might pose a threat to our students or staff safety. Tips can also be submitted online through a portal that allows the tipster to remain anonymous.
PVSchools uses mass messaging to contact families with information about school related items as well as emergency situations. This messaging includes email, phone calls, and SMS text messaging.
If you are a parent or guardian, sign up to receive high-priority and emergency messages to include text messages.
- Make sure your mobile number is on file with your school via your student's emergency card. Student emergency cards are typically filled out online; however, upon request, the cards can be sent home at the beginning of each school year. If you have phone numbers (either home or mobile) that change during the year, reach out to your school and provide updated phone number information.
- Once your mobile number is entered into the student information system or anytime your mobile number is updated in the student information system, you will receive an automated text message from our emergency broadcast system asking you to opt-in to the text messaging feature. Please note that you can opt-out at any time, by simply texting the word STOP to 67587.
- If your mobile number is already on file with the district, you can opt-in at any time by texting the word YES to 67587.
- Please note, you must opt in each mobile number for your household in order to receive emergency broadcast alerts from your school or the district.
Due to FCC regulations, any time you change or add a mobile number, you will automatically get a new opt-in message from the district.
Please note: The district’s mass messaging system, does not charge any text message fees; however, wireless carriers typically do. Please contact your wireless carrier for more information about text messaging fees.
The safety and security of all PV Schools students and staff is our highest priority. All district staff members receive training in a variety of emergency scenarios.
Our emergency response plans have been developed by school and district teams to ensure that all schools meet and exceed emergency response preparedness guidelines established by the U.S. and Arizona departments of education, and the Maricopa County Department of Emergency Management.
Parents Are Encouraged To Review The Resources Provided Here
- American Red Cross: Disaster Preparedness
- Arizona Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- National Association of School Psychologists: Promoting Compassion and Acceptance in Crisis
- National Association of School Psychologists: Coping with Crisis – Tips for Parents and Educators
- Department of Homeland Security: Active Shooter Information
- FEMA: Prepare, Plan and Stay Informed for Emergencies